Summer Work Assignment 2012-2013
- 1. Read Federalist Papers 10 and 51 (pp. A4-A9 in textbook)
- 2. Read U.S. Constitution (pp. 58-75 in textbook)
Assignments due first day of class:
- 1. Essay #1—Discuss Madison’s view of factions in Federalist 10. Explain the type of government that Madison perceives to be the best solution for the issue of factions.
How has Madison proven to be prophetic about this issue? Give specific examples to support your response.
- 2. Essay #2—Madison has a definitive belief about the nature of man. Explain this belief and how Madison proposed to remedy it in the structure of the government of the United States.
- 3. Be prepared for a quiz on the articles and amendments of the U.S. Constitution.
- 4. Have in hand on the first day an AP Government Prep/Study Book. These can typically be purchased on-line from Amazon. Recommended sources are the Princeton Review and SparkNotes.