List of Notable Events from 2011-2012
The Briarcrest Band
- Alumni Band Night (nearly 40 alumni participated from the 70’s through 2011)
- Briarcrest Marching Band Invitational (Hosted 15 Bands from across the Mid-South)
- Master Classes held with Ralph Hardimon (World Famous Marching Band Judge musician)
- Arlington Marching Band Competition
- Swept our class winning First Place Overall Band In Class A, First Place Visual, First Place Music, First Place Percussion and, Second Place Overall in Div. 1
- Dyersburg Marching Band Competition
- First Place Percussion, Second Place Band
- Cordova Marching Band Invitational
- Swept our class winning First Place Overall Band In Class A, First Place Visual, First Place Music, First Place Effect and First Place Visual. Also Won the Grand Champion award for wining first place overall in Div. 1.
- Invited to perform as a college band “substitute” at the 2012 C-USA Basketball Tournament at the FedEx forum in March.
- Out of over 2,000 students, three of our HS students were accepted into the All West TN Concert Band.
- 5 of our HS students were selected to participate in the University of Memphis Honor Band Clinic.
Briarcrest Middle School Saints Band
- Performed along with our High School Marching Band during Middle School Night.
- Performance at the Briarcrest Book Fair at Barnes and Noble on Oct. 24th
- Will perform their first ever halftime show during the Oct. 28th football game
Briarcrest Band, 6th – 12th grade
- Masterclass / Recital given by former member of the “President’s Own” Marine Band and word class Euphonium soloist, Matt Tropman.
- Performance at the University of Memphis Men’s Soccer Game (Oct. 23rd)
- Recording Session in progress. 3rd CD project.