Briarcrest Christian School seeks distinguished faculty who demonstrate outstanding ability in the classroom and a sincere love of teaching. The Briarcrest faculty averages 16 years of teaching experience. Fifty percent of our faculty members hold post-graduate degrees. Thirty-three faculty members are alumni.
Briarcrest Christian School was Certified as a 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Best Christian Workplace. Briarcrest Christian School qualified for this honor due to high scores in the anonymous BCWI employee survey. The BCWI survey has been conducted in the U.S. and Canada for the past 8 years.
Employees of Briarcrest Christian School answered more than 50 questions measuring how well Briarcrest Christian School is doing when it comes to employee job satisfaction, employee organizational commitment, Christian witness, supervisory effectiveness, opportunities for personal growth and development, customer/supporter satisfaction, teamwork, communication and fairness of pay and benefits.
Briarcrest Christian School was voted by the reader’s of The Commercial Appeal as the 2012 “BEST PRIVATE SCHOOL” in Memphis and 2012 “BEST EMPLOYER” in Memphis!
Current Job Openings:
Interim High School English Teacher
Interim High School English position- teaching English 10 and English 9. Need to be available in late January and February while teacher is out for maternity leave. Please contact Eric Sullivan, principal, at email@example.com
Interim High School Theater Arts Teacher
Interim High School Theater Arts position- teaching Intro to Theater and Communications. Need to be available in December and January while teacher is out for maternity leave. Please contact Eric Sullivan, principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interim High School Science Teacher
Interim High School Science position - teaching Biology and Chemistry. Need to be available in October and November while teacher is out for maternity leave. Please contact Eric Sullivan, High School Principal at email@example.com
Interim High School French Teacher
Interim High School French position- teaching French I - IV. Need to be available mid November and December while teacher is out for maternity leave. Please contact Eric Sullivan, High School Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interim High School Spanish Teacher
Interim High School Spanish position- teaching Spanish I. Need to be available mid November and December while teacher is out for maternity leave. Please contact Eric Sullivan, High School Principal at email@example.com
High School Athletic Director
Briarcrest Christian School is seeking a highly qualified and visionary High School Athletic Director for the 2014-15 school year. Qualified individuals should have a Bachelor’s Degree, related experience in a strong secondary school athletic department or equivalent and successful coaching experience in a competitive environment is preferred. This position reports to the High School Principal. The following is a job description for the position:
- Develop and maintain an ongoing strategic plan for the athletic program
- Participate in the hiring and management of the coaches for each of the High School sports programs
- Oversee the coaches’ scheduling of competition with opposing schools
- Ensure compliance with all Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA) rules and regulations
- Ensure that coaches take the steps necessary to comply with all requirements for the health and safety of our athletes
- Communicate well with students, parents and coaches
- Ensure the website has current, accurate information
- Ensure the master facilities schedule has current, accurate information about practices and games, and coordinates venue issues with facilities department.
- Lead the Booster Club in raising funds to support our athletic programs
- Serves as game administrator, as appropriate, for varsity athletic contests
- Administer everyday functions of sports program, e.g., making sure officials are scheduled and paid for all athletic contests
- Administer all financial aspects of the athletic department, including raising revenue, paying all expenses, managing cash boxes, etc.
- Work with coaches and the business office in setting all athletic budgets
- Serve as Head of Physical Education Department, ensuring the quality of instruction in physical education, health and the strength and conditioning programs
- Be a good steward of all school-assigned property and resources
- Perform other duties as assigned
To apply, please complete the faculty application on our website and submit it with your resume´ to Steve Simpson, Headmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org and Eric Sullivan, High School Principal at email@example.com.
Click here to download the printable version of the Faculty Application
Click here to download the printable version of the Staff Application
Click here to download the printable version of the Non-Faculty Application
Click here to download the printable version of the Non-Faculty Fine Arts Application
You may apply for a future position with Briarcrest Christian School by selecting from the printable applications above. You must print a copy of the application and complete ALL sections, attaching extra sheets where necessary. Submit your completed application, along with your resumé and transcripts from colleges/universities to:
For Faculty, Staff and Substitute Teaching Positions
Briarcrest Christian School
76 S. Houston Levee Road, Building HS
Eads, TN 38028
Briarcrest Christian School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.